LET'S GET STARTED
Search for schools near you to match your interests
Requirements For A Cosmetology License near Augusta, Geogia
To become a licensed or certified cosmetologist, one thing is clear: you need to receive an education in cosmetology. However, the type of education you need to receive may differ depending on your current state of residence.
Enroll in cosmetology school. Cosmetology students enroll in state licensing beauty schools, job skills beauty schools or degree granting beauty schools. Tuition and fees for cosmetology schools range from $10,000 to $20,000, depending on the courses offered, the school’s location, hours of education required and the facilities and equipment available. You can enroll in cosmetology school at a private school, community college, or a for-profit cosmetology program.
- Make sure that you look at at least three different schools in your area and compare the prices, the percentage of students that find jobs, and the duration of the program.
- Talk to the admissions counsellors at each school to find which school is the best fit for you.
- Some schools offer courses for part-time students or night courses so that you can get the education with a more flexible schedule. If this is important for you, it should be a priority.
Cosmetology License Requirements
Cosmetology licensure regulations can vary from state-to-state. There are typically a minimum number of training hours required before eligibility for testing and certification. The number of hours required for cosmetologists is often greater than the number required for hair designers, barbers, and nail technicians. This is a result of the broader set of skills usually included in cosmetology curriculum.
When you reach out to cosmetology schools in your area, be sure to ask if their program meets the standards for your state’s cosmetology training laws. You will want to choose a school that can equip you with the skills, and qualify you for your first job after completion.
How to enroll in cosmetology school
Once you request information, schools should get back to you shortly to discuss their program details. You might want to discuss other program options; just to be sure you make the right choice.
When you speak to college advisers, here are some questions you should ask:
- How long does this program take to complete?
- Do you have flexible course scheduling options?
- Do you offer financial aid options?
- Do you have career resources to help students find jobs after graduation?
- Does your program help students qualify for licensure?
Are you ready to start working in a more colorful career where you can express your love for all things related to style and fashion? Learn your options for quality cosmetology training near you right now! Only apply at the best cosmetology schools near you.